1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McDonald's "Pay with Lovin'"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 6, 2015.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Side note: There are an inordinate amount of pictures on the Internet of women pretending to blow Ronald McDonald statues. Sheesh.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Special Sauce...

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

McFish?

4. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

IF I am extremely hungry and there isn't much else around, I'll get the McNuggets. But I use drive-thru anyway. I just can't dine in anywhere that has a play place. I'm a childless-by-choice kind of asshole. I just want to eat my food in peace and quiet. Hence, the drive-thru or take out. So, no, I really don't want to call my parents or dance for shitty food. Just take my money.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Two or three times a year, I'll get a craving for a Big Mac. Happened a couple weeks ago. Then, I decided to make my own at home. Shocker; they were way better than McDonald's.

God's gift to shitty fast food is the AM Crunchwrap from Taco Bell. Goddamn, are those fucking things good. THEY PUT A GODDAMN HASH BROWN INSIDE THE THING FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I do occasionally love a McDonald's sausage and egg biscuit for breakfast, especially when I occasionally go into the office early on a weekend morning and it's the only business in the neighborhood open.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I am the same way with the Hardee's/Carl's Jr. sausage egg and cheese biscuit. I'll get them a few times a year, when I have to be out and about early.

Sodium-wise, those things are like downing a salt shaker. But they're delicious.

8. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I've been there twice for coffee in the last six months. It's probably been five years since I went in there to do anything other than piss.

We have neighbors who eat dinner there every day during the week. They have five kids, three of their own and two fosters and the mom swears it's cheaper for her to do that than cook for seven people. Nice family and it's not a money issue with them, but they have activities almost every night, so the convenience factor is huge for them as well.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Every day?

10. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Every weekday, or close to it. I see the mom walking in with the bags several times a week and she's joked about it with us in the past.

I don't envy anyone having to cook for seven every night, but I'm not sure a bunch of McChickens and McDoubles is the way to go either.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Well, for their sakes, I hope they all have a very high metabolism.

12. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Damn. Every day may not be a money issue, but it's a lazy-as-fuck issue.

Even if you don't think their food is basically poison (which I think it is), there's no better way to feed your family than McDonald's every single night? We have 2 teenagers who aren't driving age yet and have a ton of activities, plus my wife and I both work 50-60 hours per week, and we somehow figure out a way to get a decent dinner on the table at least 5-6 nights a week.

Bust out the Crock Pot, make some casseroles ahead of time, spend a weekend day in the kitchen cooking for the week to come, grab a couple of rotisserie chickens on the way home from work, teach the oldest kids to do at least some rudimentary cooking, fire up a gas grill. Shit, I'd respect stopping by at a decent sub shop or Asian or Mexican takeout place more than getting that garbage that McDonald's passes off as food that often.

If they don't have time to do better than eat there almost every single day, then they shouldn't have had time to have kids.

Draft saved Draft deleted