1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McDonald's may do breakfast till noon, since millennials can't make it by 10:30

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by LongTimeListener, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The sausage and chicken biscuits are the only breakfast food at Mickey D's I can stomach.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Eating at Mickey D's is like masturbating: Not everybody wants to admit it but pretty much everybody goes there.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I retract the comment about millennials and Chipotle. But not about foodies and Chipotle. I've heard them make fun of it, and I have heard it independently verified from others, with other foodies.

At this point, though, we're just engaging in dueling anecdotes about an amorphous term, "foodies." Which is as useful an exercise in reaching an answer as it sounds.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Late sleepers deserve the same opportunity to slowly kill themselves as everyone else has.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

In college, the McDonald's down the street served lunch until 3 a.m. Once, I got there at 3 a.m. and I was told I could not order a hamburger because the grill was off. I asked how they cooked the sausage and they said "different grill."

I bet they have separate breakfast and lunch toasters as well.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I didn't know McDs was kosher

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-10-03/chipotle-the-one-that-got-away-from-mcdonalds

Funny, but in a way they were eating at a McDonalds.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Grills require daily maintenance and can't be cleaned while they are on. And while the same grills can cook hamburgers and sausage, they require a lot of different settings to be changed. It's not trivial.

And when I last worked there, there was only one meat freezer in the primary kitchen area. During breakfast, you didn't keep hamburger meet in it or vice-versa. The hamburger meat would have been downstairs in a freezer.

So yeah, it's theoretically possible to cook a hamburger when the kitchen is set up for breakfast, it's a bit beyond the effort that is implied when you are ordering from a fast food place.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

If McDonald's can figure out the logistics for how to cook a burger and a sausage at the same time then they are the problem, not millenials.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's not a matter of "can." It's a matter of "is it worth their trouble."

Newspapers could figure out how to run a full box score for every junior varsity basketball game in the coverage area. Doesn't mean they feel the need to, even if a few customers want it.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Although you wind up with hands that feel like you've changed the oil in the family car, I like the McDonald's sausage biscuits and hash browns better than any of their non-breakfast items.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I work for a fast food company. It is not hard. We manage to separate the utensils, different ovens for different products and so on. I don't even work in the store and I understand how easy this is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.