1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McDonald's may do breakfast till noon, since millennials can't make it by 10:30

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by LongTimeListener, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Ain't that America.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/02/24/mcdonalds-breakfast/5775589/

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

[​IMG]

That would have made this guy very happy...

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I thought I read/heard a few months ago that Mickey D's was looking to reconfigure their grill layouts to make it possible to serve its entire menu 24/7.

Many of the 24-hour stores already run their 'late night menu' from 11 pm-4 am with a slightly-limited selection of both dinner and breakfast items.

4. joe king

joe king Active Member

Pretty sure Jack in the Box does breakfast 24 hours.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'd rather see McDonald's serve burgers for breakfast than have them extend the hours on the breakfast menu items. They're all horrible.

I've never understood why so many people go to McD's or other fast-food places for breakfast. Just take a banana and granola bar with you if you're late for work

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Millennials don't patronize McDonald's, period. They are a huge reason that the chain has had to class up its menu the last few years. Particularly in yuppie ghettos, young people now are sophisticated, healthy, some might say pretentious, eaters. The ones I know turn their noses up at Chipotle and Subway, let alone McDonald's. The stereotype of the college or just-out-of-college kid stuffing his pie hole with frozen burritos from 7-11 is fading fast.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

My brother, who was in fast food management for 20 years, says the main thing they would have to do is physically reconfigure their grills/utensil placement so that pork sausage and beef burgers aren't cooking on the same surfaces.

He said it would be a substantial adjustment but really not much different than installing a new soft drink dispenser system.

8. Dick Whitman

Because Egg McMuffin's, Hot Cakes, and/or Sausage Biscuits taste really good, and bananas and granola bars do not.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Maybe the sausage biscuits, but the hot cakes? They taste like a dog's squeaky-toy version of pancakes (not that I've tried the latter ... :))

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

My anecdotal evidence counters your anecdotal evidence, at least when it comes to Chipotle. Just about every millenial I know (and I'm guessing I know quite a few more than you) loves Chipotle. It is true, though, that I can't think of any friends who go to McDonald's.

11. Dick Whitman

I don't think the bolded part is necessarily true. Remember, I went back to school late.

As far as Chipotle goes, I'm thinking of foodies here. It's definitely always packed. I exaggerated.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Even among the foodies, my point stands. And at the one I go for lunch sometimes, I'd venture to guess about 50% of the customers I see are in their late-teens and 20s.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.