1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McDonald's breakfast menu, ranked

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, May 11, 2015.

1. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Sausage McGriddle if I'm at McDonald's. It's pretty much the only thing I like there. But Hardee's/Carl's Jr. has a wider variety of things I'll eat. At the one here locally, though, the quality of the biscuits can be hit-or-miss.

I've tried Taco Bell breakfast once. It wasn't great ... wasn't terrible. I don't think it would be the first place I'd pick but I wouldn't say no if someone else wanted to go.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The top top top top seed in fast food breakfast is the Boberry biscuit from Bojangles. I'd pay several dollars for there to be a Bojangles within 10 miles of my house.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I have never been brave enough to try a bagel at McD's. I like the round egg on the McMuffin. Hate those folded scrambled eggs.

Dairy Queen has pretty good biscuits and if the location has country ham, that's a plus. They also have smoothies to pretend to eat heathy.

And if you eat breakfast at DQ, you feel like a Larry McMurtry character.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Chick-fil-A not only has the best breakfasts but every now and then (at least where I've lived) they'll have a free-breakfast week where something is free every day. One day it was chicken biscuits, I went through the drive-through to get a half-dozen for my office, figuring I'd get one free and pay for five. They gave me all of them for free.

The chicken minis are also the shiznit, but more expensive than they should be.

spikechiquet likes this.
  5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

McDonald's biscuits are surprisingly good.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think Richmond, Exit 89, is as far north as I've seen them.

7. JackReacher

One in DC. One in Harrisonburg. Five in Maryland.

The one in Oxon Hill is tantilizingly close to my work. If I weren't in a carpool with three other dummies, I'd likely stop there 3-4 days a week on my way in.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I've never been impressed with Bojangles.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Bojangles can be hit or miss, depending on how busy they are. But when they hit...mmmmmmm seasoned fries. Though I always seem to get a teeth-cracking fry in there somewhere.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Meh. That teeth-cracking fry's only been in the bottom of the fryer for 9 months!

11. JackReacher

Then you're an alien. I don't know what else to tell you.

Draft saved Draft deleted