1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McDonald's breakfast menu, ranked

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, May 11, 2015.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Chick-fil-A is the one place we don't eat because of differing beliefs.
    It's really more of my wife's deal.
    I don't agree their philanthropic actions and what they support financially. Supporting the gay marriage ban does not bother me as much as the hetero-indoctrination camps for gay children, which is just heinous.
    But I don't research the philanthropic arm of 99% of the people with whom I do business, so I feel like a bit of a hypocrite on the Chick-fil-A thing.

On the other hand, the food is over-rated and the lines are always insane, so I probably would never eat there anyway.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

$1 sausage burrito is a very solid value pick.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Yep, two or three of those are my go-to snack on the way home. I prefer Taco Bell's new selections, but they don't open until 7 and I'm normally sound asleep.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Steak, egg and cheese on a biscuit instead of a bagel.

(Steak? ... Hah.)

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Taco Bell's AM crunchwrap >>>>>> anything on the McDonald's breakfast menu.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

What's breakfast? [11:30wakeupcall]

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yep. Every now and then I'll wake up early, watch the news, and head back to sleep. So I'll run over to McDs for a Sausage McGriddles. Most of their breakfast items aren't very good, but a Sausage McMuffin used to be my go-to. As someone said earlier, McD's biscuits are terrible. Unless they have sausage gravy over them. Much prefer BK's breakfast, and Chik-fil-a's mini chicken doo-dads are off the charts.

9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

1) Hardee's/Carl's Jr. Cinnamon raisin biscuits.
    2) Chick-Fil-A Chicken and Egg Biscuit
    3) Taco Bell's Crunchwrap
    4) BK's Ham and Cheese Croisandwich

10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

My go-to breakfast is biscuits and gravy. It's about the only thing I like for breakfast...I'm just not big on breakfast food.

Also, the Whataburger honey butter chicken biscuit is amazing. I haven't eaten at McDonald's in at least a year.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Love, love, love biscuits and gravy, but I'm not sure I'd get it at a fast-food joint. But then again ... maybe.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I actually like McD's breakfast. The bacon 'n egg McMuffin is my go-to if I have to eat on the go. But their breakfast burritos are surprisingly good and if I have time to sit for a couple of minutes that's usually what I get. The McGriddles are almost too sweet for me but still quite good. I cant do the hashbrowns, they give me indigestion. The big selling point though is the coffee. For the price, it is quite good and kicks the crap out of Tim Hortons. Cheap, filling and fast, don't necessarily care about the healthy thing that early in the morning.

However, I have also recently gave A&W's breakfast a shot, more out of necessity than anything (girlfriend lives in a town without a McD's, need something for when I hit the road in the morning) and their bacon and egger is surprisingly good.

Draft saved Draft deleted