1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McDonald's breakfast menu, ranked

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, May 11, 2015.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Had McD's breakfast for the first time in years a few weeks ago. Went with the sausage McMuffin and an OJ, and it wasn't bad.

Despite that ... Carl's Jr.'s biscuits (either sausage or bacon with egg and cheese) blow away anything The Clown serves.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

4. Sausage gravy with biscuits.
    And a hash brown to sop up the leftover gravy.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Until the aftertaste kicks in.

6. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I don't eat fast food breakfast that often -- maybe once a month. That said, I've never liked McDonalds' breakfast. It's either a Burger King croissanwich or Tim Horton's BELT for me.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Haven't eaten McDonald's in 2 years though I'd like to.

I have been known to eat the breakfast sandwiches at Stewart's Shops.

[​IMG]

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That Hamburgler reboot is crazy, but kind of genius.

Anyway, I'm not buying that timeline. I was 15 in 1985, and the Hamburgler was was around, with the name, before that.
    I can't find evidence to back this up, but I am convinced, nonetheless.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

There's a bagel shop where I live - local - that's really damn good. You pay $1.50 more, but you know where that buck-fifty went.

I probably buy a sausage, egg and cheese bagel sandwich from there once every 2-3 weeks.

The few times per year I roll through McDonald's, it's for breakfast, and it's usually a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit.

11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

The McDonald's near me doesn't have the bacon, egg and cheese bagel sandwich anymore, and I've been upset at that ever since they dropped it a few years ago. It was my favorite thing there, outside of the disgustingly good fries, of course.

I have never been to a Chick-fil-A. Sounds like I ought to give it a try some morning.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Have to be in a mood to eat McDonald's breakfast, or any breakfast for that matter, but when I do it's a breakfast burrito, hash brown and orange juice.

Draft saved Draft deleted