1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McCourt wants fans to be civil

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MTM, Aug 1, 2007.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-bonds1aug01,1,6688053.story?coll=la-headlines-sports

McCourt wants fans to be civil
    Dodgers owner says they should cheer the team and not boo Bonds.

.... With the eyes of most baseball fans upon Dodger Stadium, with (Barry) Bonds one swing from history, Dodgers owner Frank McCourt kindly asked his customers for civility.

"I don't think a Los Angeles Dodger fan should have the need to be negative about anybody or anything," McCourt said Tuesday. "If other fans in other cities want to call us names and so forth, so be it. But I believe that the Dodger fan and the Dodger franchise represents the best that baseball has to offer.

"It has nothing to do with Barry Bonds. I wish our fans would never be negative. I don't think it's the right thing to do. I think we should set an example of cheering for our players, not cheering against other players or other teams." ...

----

I think this is pretty naive on his part. Let's just pass out orange slices and juice packets after the game.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Barry Bonds is a very religious person, he's just treating others as he'd like to be treated. So the rest of the world needs to respect that and treat barry with arrogant disdain.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

They oughta just trade Russ Springer from team to team and let him pitch at to Bonds every night.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I agreee with McCourt... hasn't the friendly, warm, fuzzy rivalry between the Giants and Dodgers been built on mutual respect and admiration?

5. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Dodger Stadium has become the new home for Raider fans in SoCal. They won't be civil. They never are.

Draft saved Draft deleted