1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McClatchy to Miami Herald: Time to find a new home.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mozilla, May 29, 2011.

1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

I agree with this. I live in Broward. I've been out of the journalism business for seven years now. Unfortunately I have to periodically go to Miami-Dade County every couple of weeks for work. I consider it a trip into one of the outer rings of hell, especially as I get closer to downtown Miami and the southern part of the county, meaning the Homestead area. I wish they'd split the state and cut of Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties. Let them secede, form their own state, whatever.

In all seriousness, I'm guessing no one on this thread has read the Herald lately. They have a cooperative agreement with the Sentinel where they cooperate on photo assignments and both papers regularly run the others metro coverage. So while an actual merger of papers may be far off in reality, the concept is already occuring.

The strangest thing is that the courriers actually deliver both papers. We live in Broward but subscribe to the Herald. Every now and then, they end up delivering the Sun-Sentinel instead. Once we called to complain and when a supervisor came over and brought us our Herald, he just said "my delivery people are a bunch of dumbshits."

2. HarryNutsack

HarryNutsack New Member

You can get the digital edition of the Herald for $1.99 a month and the Sentinel for $4.95. It's the same pages you'd see in print. It's a steal compared to what the cost is for the print edition. Everyone should get both like me.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

In my opinion, the Herald and the old Seattle P-I had the best newsroom views.

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

a long time ago i recall that Mobile had a pretty cool newsroom view.

Draft saved Draft deleted