1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McClatchy earnings: Look out below!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by trifectarich, Feb 28, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Nice user name Misremember. I was figuring if McC was going down we'd have to rename this site Ex-Sportsjournalists.com

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This week we've seen Lexington, Charlotte and Myrtle Beach all swinging the axe.

3. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

I remember, too, that Fort Worth (another McClatchy paper) just layed off 15 mid-management people recently.

This post isn't good. I'm not shocked. Now more than ever, the writing's on the wall for me....

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Start low... you can afford more JRC stock....

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Even Hillary Clinton wouldn't buy newspaper stock.

6. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Please do. Then you can actually post photos of games that actually mean something somewhere besides the fucking coasts.

We use McClatchy photo and it sucks donkey balls.

There were no pictures from the Celtics-Cavs game Tuesday night, but they made sure to put up FIVE FUCKING PICS OF PETA ASSHOLES PROTESTING from a race that I don't consider a sport.

We get 4-5 photos every day of rich, scum-sucking ball-breath celebrities sitting in their cush seats at Lakers games, but can't get a real photo to save our lives.

And yes, we're cheapskates here. No AP pics. Hell, I'm lucky that I get AP wire.

/endofrant

Draft saved Draft deleted