1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McChrystal: Out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Killick, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

These people think McChrystal should demand Obama's arrest:
    http://www.thepostemail.com/2010/06/22/general-mcchrystal-now-is-your-time-to-stand-up-for-your-country/

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Space reasons? You're a freakin' magazine, not the Redlands Daily Facts. Whatever happened to: "We've got a major story here. We need to go up 8 pages to get all this it's that good."? SPACE REASONS?!?

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Jann Wenner and his drones had to fellate the Black Eyed Peas or some other "in" band for the 3,284th time. You understand, right Mile?

And bonus points for the Redlands Daily Facts reference. Verrry well played (tipping cyber hat).

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

To my surprise, RS has had some pretty good national/"trend" stories in it since I started receiving my gift subscription this year.

Compared to 10 years ago, when I finally quit subscribing due to their unabashed blow jobs of Al Gore, the reporting has gotten a lot better. I'll give them credit.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Read the article and really the most damaging quotes were from McCrystal staff members.

Either way this puts Afghanistan front and center again in the media after weeks of the oil spill stealing the front page.

If this isn't a sign that we should get out of Afghanistan I don't know what is.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I want to know how the fuck a Rolling Stone reporter is allowed within 1000 yards of a general.

Everything McChrystal said is true, but as a member of the US military you just cannot say things like that about the Commander in Chief.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

From the Economist Twitter feed:

Most under-reported aspect of the McChrystal story: his favourite beer is Bud Light Lime. Immediate grounds for dismissal.

I've been an RS subscriber for ages and it has done some fine investigative stuff lately. I thought Tim Dickinson's story on the governement's bungling of the oil spill in the issue with Jay-Z on the cover was damn good.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Or, you know, not.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Apparently criticizing the commander-in-chief's handling of a military conflict isn't ALWAYS treasonous, eh, Mizzou?

10. Mizzougrad96

One thing I've noticed with military lifers over the years is they are often incapable of giving an answer than might be a little more politically correct or dodge a question when they have a strong opinion on the matter.

11. Mizzougrad96

Did you read the second line of my post? If you're in the military, you don't criticize the president publicly. EVER.

Love him or hate him, he's the commander in chief.

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Ah, but during the previous administration, no one was allowed to criticize the commander-in-chief during a time of military conflict. Not just people in the military. No one.

Draft saved Draft deleted