1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McChrystal: After ten years, the war in Afghanistan is half finished.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Azrael, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Russia and China were both relatively stable, and rational actors. Pakistan is neither.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

You cannot possibly be this stupid.

3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Ah, if it were just as simple as that.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

NSFW

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

At the time that is not how it was pitched to us. I expected Khrushchev to knock at my door any day.

6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

With shoe?

7. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

RIP Lance Corporal Benjamin Schmidt, a San Antonio-raised Marine who was shot in the head and died this week. His family, including his father who is a Spurs team physician, is headed to Dover AFB to receive the body.
    Suspect not identified and still at large.
    Rest of his unit was unscathed in the incident, which officials think involved a sniper.

Time to come home for EVERYONE.
    This shit needs to be over with.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The deciding factor here is that Pakistan has nukes. And who controls 'em, exactly? Gut says the ISI, which means we're probably fucked any way we handle it.

We also will never be able to invade Pakistan, the population there is much larger than Afghanistan and the terrain as unforgiving.

9. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I think the option Biden championed at the beginning of the Obama adminsitration makes sense. Keep a couple bases. Blow something up as needed like an Al Queda camp. But that's it.

Draft saved Draft deleted