1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McCarver + Buck = DOPES!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Oct 16, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Doubtful. That kid isn't gutty enough. He'll probably make a couple spot starts and stick around in the bullpen for a couple years before he becomes a Wal*Mart greeter.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

He might be OK, but he won't be Billy Koch. Now there's a superprospect.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The Jays also have a kid named Al Leiter throwing for them. He's all right, but his brother Mark was certainly blessed with all the talent in that family.

4. KP

KP Active Member

I'm not sure if Ernie is a good catcher for the kids.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Hey, guys, I hear this Tremendous Young Man Justin Upton is related to B.J. And they grew up in the same Virginny town and everything. They were both stars, they both Know How to Play the Game.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Same with David Wright.

7. I don't know if this is my imagination, but Buck seems to be doing less talking than he has in the past. He's definitely not doing as much of that insufferably smug oral preening that makes me want to reach into the TV and strangle him.

I guess it doesn't matter, anyway. About 12 people outside Denver and Cleveland will be watching the World Series.

8. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

This is damning with faint praise, I know, but both are yards ahead of Thom Brennaman. I can't stand his braying voice and the horsecrap it spouts.

9. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Anybody see Joe Buck on Conan last night? Buck said he keeps his cell phone on him during games and gets text message bets from friends watching the broadcast with words for him to sneak in. If he successfully uses the word in normal conversation on the air, he wins $20. An example he used was "wasabi." He won by talking about unusual food you can get at ballparks these days, sneaking wasabi in.

Conan challenged him to say "jub jub" at some point during the World Series. If Buck does it, Conan said he will donate $1,000 to any charity of Buck's choosing.

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Young kid named Willie Mays is hitting the ball pretty well last time I checked. He might turn out to be a good ballplayer.

Draft saved Draft deleted