1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McCartney on Letterman

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ScribePharisee, Jul 16, 2009.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

I've searched both names on the search command so if there is a DB on this, I tried.

Gotta hand it to the men in blue in NYC. McCartney is on the overhang of the Ed Sullivan Theatre singing and they've combed all those nearby skyscrapers...where a hitman could have had his own fun today. I know they gear up for bigger events like Times Square on New Year's Eve, but it was just an eerie thought as he stood out there, all for a damn one hour prerecorded show.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

He should be shot for Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey.

3. ScribePharisee

Wasn't the whole thing a little odd? I mean, he's what, 69? I'd pay to see a geriatric concert involving him and those who peed in their panties screaming in the 60s.

4. Bubbler

I don't know. I didn't watch it.

As for McCartney, I'll bet Huck likes him.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

he's paul effin' mccartney, dammit! he can do whatever he wants.

i thought he was great with dave, by the way. very cool stuff. 8) 8) 8)

6. ScribePharisee

I'd imagine that to be true...with Huck.

He's Sir Paul in England. Not here. America gunned down Lennon, for cryin' out loud.

7. ScribePharisee

And I don't mean I enjoyed that. It's just a contrast.

8. Bubbler

Are your last three sentences in clicks and whistles? What does that even mean? I can't tell if its disrespectful or just stupid.

9. ScribePharisee

Did you not see my followup? I don't believe for a second that either wouldn't be safe in Britain.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He's been a non-entity as far as good new product since the mid-1970s, but he can still bring it when doing Beatles and the good Wings stuff.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Seriously? You remember George Harrison getting stabbed in his house before he died, right?

12. ScribePharisee

Damn, I forgot about Harrison....the "fourth" Beatle.
    Probably because it wasn't a gun, and you know, I'm talking to a generally ban-the-guns crowd.

Draft saved Draft deleted