1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McCarren Airport

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by trifectarich, Jun 29, 2007.

1. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Are Michelle Wie's parents running this place?

Why is it if you're arriving at 4 p.m. or 3 a.m., there always are 200 people waiting to get a cab?

Transportation from the new rental car facility is a joke. This morning at 5 a.m. there's a line zigzagging 100 yards, like you're waiting at a freakin' theme park, and for 15 minutes there's not a bus in sight. There were people in line who said they had 6 o'clock flights; they probably made it to the terminal about 10 minutes ago.

I love going to Vegas; I hate having to deal with this ineptitude.

2. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

You sound like Bill Simmons.

3. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

It's McCarran.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've been to Vegas quite a bit, never had that kind of problem at the airport. If there's ever a line at the cab stand, you can usually get a limo for $40-50 and cram in as many people as you can fit. You just have to figure out if your avoiding spending that time in line is worth the added cost.

5. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

I usually carry on, buy a round-trip ticket for one of those buses that stop at every hotel and get out of McCarran quickly. Yeah, it seems I'm always the last one dropped off but at least I'm sitting instead of waiting for a cap. I love taking The Deuce from place to place, too. $5, all you can eat.

6. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

I just flew back from Las Vegas today... the new rental car facility is a joke... had no problems when I arrived into town, but this afternoon when I dropped the car off.. different story... I left the car with the Hertz folks and made my way to a looooong line to get on the buses... best part... the line is outside.. where it was like 175 degrees today... not a real bright idea. Why couldn't they design it so people could wait inside where it is cool until buses were available... so it took me 30+ minutes to get from the back of the line, onto a bus and to the terminal. What a joke. Probably would have been a lot smarter to put in a monorail system or something to move the people back and forth.

7. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Apparently Webby was inspired by the first Simpsons thread...

My biggest gripe with LAS is that there's not a decent place to eat anywhere. We'll be stuck at that damn Burger King, even though we've got a three-hour layover and would like something a little nicer.

8. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

If you are in the A/B gates there's a Chili's right past security.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Had no problems with McCarran -- or the long taxi line -- upon arrival. Leaving was another matter, though. I forgot to think about all the tourists going home on an NFL wild card Sunday, so I got stuck in a long line for Southwest. And then there was security. I've never worried so much about whether I would make my flight when I arrived two hours in advance. Just unreal.

10. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

there is always the gym at McCarran for $10

Draft saved Draft deleted