1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McCain wishes Castro a happy retirement ... and quick death

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DougDascenzo, Feb 22, 2008.

1. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

"I hope that [Castro] has the opportunity to meet Karl Marx very soon."

You stay classy, John.

Looks like America's diplomacy efforts won't skip a beat if McCain's elected. Besides, how has wishing Castro's death worked out for America the past 40 years?

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5gzl29thI6uwbUUli_hqJazqyIhtQ

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I would never say that -- but understand the sentiment.

Jack Nicholson's wrong about a number of things -- the qualities of Fidel and HRC, chief among them.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Wishing for his death hasn't worked out that well. But his death will eventually come, and that will be a good thing for the human race, communist apologist notwithstanding.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

I don't disagree with you. The only positive that's come out of Castro's regime is that Cubans know how to fix old cars with the best of 'em.

Still, publicly wishing for Castro's death does nothing but make McCain look like an asshole. I want my president to be tough, sure, but this kind of statement reminds me of "Bring 'em on."

6. He'll apologize tomorrow.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

He better not.

8. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Great. And this guy's the front runner to win the Republican ticket. He'll do wonders for international relations.

(and I'll still have to keep smuggling Cuban cigars across the U.S. border.)

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Bomb-bomb-bomb...bomb-bomb-IranCuba.

10. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I'm sure the feeling is mutual on both sides.

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Not shocked in the least bit to see this after some of Castro's "reflections" writings that came out before the final one (the one in which he announced his retirement).
    Castro basically blasted McCain for an extended writing, calling him a liar and saying how dishonest men don't deserve to lead, etc., etc.

Draft saved Draft deleted