1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McCain to Hagee: No, thanks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Colonel Angus, May 22, 2008.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Not really.

McCain stood on a stage next to Hagee with reporters all around saying how proud he was of the endorsement. A reporter questioned McCain about Hagee's craziness and McCain basically said, "I don't know about that, but I'm proud of his endorsement."

McCain is a fraud.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

<sigh>

Just like we sometimes blast conservatives for being inflexible, it seems many of the libs here are taking that same tack on several issues.

3. OK, what have you done to the real AA?

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

There's something to be said for the fact that in our quest to be right and blast the other side, we lose sight of our own inflexibility.

I'm a Democrat and liberal, no doubt, but there are definitely conservative and GOP aspects which I support. I think there can be common ground in a lot of areas.

But absolute inflexibility on any side annoys the crap out of me. People here blast those "informed" voters who insist Obama is a Muslim, then refuse to give any ground on the possible meaning of a statement by McCain.

5. I guess this means I'm going to have to reconsider my opinion of you.

Methinks we might have more common ground than it seems. (I am conservative and GOP, no doubt, but things like flag pins and flag-burning amendments are ridiculous.)

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I think it is fairly simple. McCain wanted his cake and eat it too. He stood up on a stage and when directly questioned about Hagee's craziness said that he didn't care and was proud to be on stage.

I'm sorry but McCain suddenly deciding that Hagee is crazy now is downright foolish.

As one of the posters pointed out, Hagee was fine when he hated only Muslims. Hagee is suddenly bad when picking on Jews.

Fraud.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Same here. And I definitely went against the grain. I started as a GOP/conservative and went to the other side of the spectrum, for a lot of reasons.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Join the club.

Draft saved Draft deleted