1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McCain to Hagee: No, thanks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Colonel Angus, May 22, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Oh, come on. I like toasted marshmallows!

Hell, koombayah and toasted marshmallows might be the secret to world peace! ;D

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Sign me up!

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I would have voted for him 8 years ago. No more. Too many flip-flops and too much pandering.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

If it had come down to Hillary vs. the McCain of 2000 ... I would have thought long and hard about voting for McCain. And I might have done it (as I would have in 2000.)

Not anymore.

This McCain scares the shit out of me. Not only is he as dangerous as Bush in regards to a foreign policy I disagree with, he's actually more dangerous in that, like zagoshe said, he doesn't seem to have any conviction for what he actually thinks is right. Lethal combination.

McCain is the best the GOP can do? Pathetic.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I think abortion is a tricky one because I am personally against it and I think it is murder but I don't know that it is something the government should regulate. However, that goes for both the man and the woman.......(see locked threads..)

I have said plenty of times I am against organized prayer in schools and all of that kind of nonsense.

I have never said what my religious views really are other than to say I'm still searching for the truth and I am not really sure where that is.

I am for the legalization of most drugs and in particular the chronic.

I am for teaching creationism or intelligent design or whatever it is called in schools as one of many alternate theories as to how we got here, but that has more to do with offering students a broader view of the world.....

Of course, I would like to see government get out of the school business all together.

My idea of gun control is hitting what I am shooting at.

I have said PARENTS should regulate and monitor their kids with regards to myspace and other things like that, not the government.

I don't think the government should be in the business of monitoring citizens -- even if there was a terrorist attack.

I think photo radar cameras to catch speeders are illegal and unconstitutional....

I am always an advocate of lower taxes AND smaller government (unlike conservatives who are for less taxes while keeping bigger government in place....)

I am very much a libertarian, thank you.

You want me to continue?

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Oh, an let me add I will gladly "waste" my vote and pull the lever with Bob Barr's name next to it come November.....

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I would vote for Batshit Bob before I'd vote for McCain. I'd also be tempted to waste a vote that won't matter and vote for him over Hillary too.

8. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
    Still feel the same way?

9. Rex Harrison

Rex Harrison Member

Saying this as someone who was raised Baptist and has a mother who loves the Left Behind books ... Hagee is buttfucking nuts. Stay far, far away.

10. I AM a Baptist who enjoyed the Left Behind books, and couldn't agree with you more.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Did you ever have to sit through the craptastic movie, though? At one point my church started showing it during training union time on Sunday nights. Not a good plan with a snarky teenaged MST3K addict in the room.

12. I voluntarily watched the first movie. I learned my lesson from that and haven't gotten anywhere near the others.

Draft saved Draft deleted