1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McCain, Obama to be interviewed on MNF ... by Berman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wisportswriter, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Oh, shit.

BRISTOL, Conn. (AP) — Are Barack Obama and John McCain ready for some football?
    ESPN says the presidential candidates are planning to participate in one-on-one interviews via satellite that would air at halftime of “Monday Night Football,” the day before the election.
    ESPN’s Chris Berman will do the segments earlier Monday, if the candidates’ schedules permit, and they’ll air at about 10:15 p.m. EST.
    The interviews will give both candidates a last major chance to appeal to Americans during a coveted spot on prime-time television. “Monday Night Football” has averaged 12.2 million viewers this season.
    The game, between the host Washington Redskins and the Pittsburgh Steelers, will be the first NFL game played in the D.C. area on the Monday night before a presidential election in 24 years. The Redskins defeated the Atlanta Falcons 27-14 on Nov. 5, 1984 Ronald Reagan was re-elected the following day.
    Obama previously appeared on “Monday Night Football” on Dec. 11, 2006, when he opened the broadcast of a game involving his hometown Chicago Bears by parodying his own upcoming official announcement of his intention to run for the presidency.
    “I am ready,” he said, before putting on a Bears baseball cap, “for the Bears to go all the way, baby!”

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Oh, shit." That pretty much sums it up.

I pray to God Berman tries his nickname shit.

"I'm here today with Barack don't call me Saddam Hussien and my name only rhymes with Osama Obama. We'll be joined later by John don't call me Jonathan McCain."

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Peter. Principle.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Really, what could go wrong?

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

A depletion of the airline sickness bag supply?

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

McCain is gettting Ba-rack-rack-rack-rack-rack-rack-racked! Gone!

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Man, that's the spot for Tony K. And I'm not a big fan.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Barack, do you think Tennessee is a lousy state too?"

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Barack "Sweet Home" Obama and John and Sain and pray for McCain. Had I known this I would have gone to Philadelphia last night in Cowboys T.O. jersey. Maybe I'd be in a coma on Monday.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

I don not see the connection.
    How this fits in to a football telecast is beyond me.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That's 'cause it doesn't.

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I'm sure this is who Boomer was really hoping to interview.

[​IMG]

"You're with me, leather."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted