1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McCain: Misspeak, ignorance or evidence of memory loss?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jboy, Mar 21, 2008.

1. I told myself not to click on that site. I did. Now, I have vomit in my mouth.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Got to love this kind of reasoning...

I have confirmed that the people who believe this shit are morons.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

If it's ignorance-- well-- he said foreign policy is his strong suit.

What does that mean for his 'weak suit'-- the economy?

Please be a memory lapse, please be a memory lapse...

4. jboy

jboy Guest

Don’t worry, as long as he has Lieberman whispering the correct answers in his ear, we’ll be OK.

Ronnie had Nancy. McCain has Joey.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Lugnuts, listen to McCain's (non)answer to a question about economic policy. If it's not embarrassing, it should be.

I'm done with these people. no grasps of even basic concepts like Shiite or Sunni. No knowledge at all of the economy. It's soooooooooo depressing that this guy is a major party nominee for president.

This country is fucking doomed.

7. Grimace

Grimace Guest

But we're getting rebate checks in May!

Yay!!!!!!!!!!

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I'm using mine to buy Newsday!

9. Exactly what are McCain's national security credentials of which he's so proud? Being a POW ain't it. Neither is being in the Navy. (Ask President Kerry). Being in the Senate a long time? Having Henry Kissinger's cellphone number? He keeps talking about them, and then he goes out and reveals himself to be either duplicitous or a moron on the subject.

10. Page A15 of the oh-so-liberal, McCain-hating New York Times, BTW.

Just sayin'.

11. Me thinks it'll come up again.

I'm envisioning an YouTube mashup of McCain's "misspeaks" with the Golden Girls theme in the background.

Wait, I'm trademarking that idea. Someone get me a YouTube!

12. The Iraq War is probably one of the most complicated to understand conflicts in American history, for a couple of reasons.

First of all, the culture and terminology of the Middle East is something that Americans aren't familiar with and have difficulty grasping. Shi'ites, Sunnis - hey, they're all "Moos-lims" to most Americans (which means they are, of course, enemies).

Second of all, the objective has shifted multiple times. I won't embarrass myself and try to outline the five-year history of who we're fighting and what we're trying to accomplish, at least in the short term. Of course, in the long term, the goal is a stable, self-sufficient Iraq. How we are trying to get there and what obstacles keep popping up is what trips most people up.

I want whoever is in the White House to be an absolute fucking wonk on what's going on in Iraq. And after this, I'm not completely confident that's what McCain is. I'm worried after this that he's much more about rhetoric when it comes to Iraq and national defense than substance. I could even deal with public rhetoric - because it is so tough for the average American who doesn't devour every issue of "Foreign Affairs" to get a handle on the details - if I knew the stated objectives were backed by a solid understanding behind the scenes of the nitty-gritty of what we're up to over there and what difficulties we face.

I don't think I'm being unfair.

Draft saved Draft deleted