1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McCain: Misspeak, ignorance or evidence of memory loss?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jboy, Mar 21, 2008.

1. jboy

jboy Guest

I know this has been touched upon, but I think it needs its own thread.

McCain confused Iran and Iraq when it comes to Al-Queda and training extremists.

http://www.courant.com/news/nationworld/hc-mccain0319.artmar19,0,1769738.story

And he needed a (pseudo) Democrat to whisper the correct answer in his ear! The man is basing his campaign on foreign policy expertise and he can’t get Iran and Iraq correct.

So which is it? Is he ignorant or just losing his memory in his golden years?

I loved his bullshit excuse in London, today:

There’s a difference between screwing up President/Prime Minister of Canada and the the people that we’re at war with!

It wasn't the first time, either. He did the same thing during a radio interview with Hugh Hewitt.

Last thing: How do you think the Republicans what have responded to a similar gaffe by Obama or Hillary?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I still think a guy who can't get his facts straight would be a 100 percent improvement over a guy who doesn't care what the facts are and willfully lies to the American people. But that's just me.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

and mate.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Which of the last two presidents are you talking about?

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

is
    Good gosh, I mean, that red button was pushed upon his comment, right? I mean, I'm half McCain's age and I have memory problems (OK, flame that). Don't we all?

Besides, calm down. He was just reading the helpful notes given him by Dubya. You know, just to remind him who's still in charge.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I was specifically thinking of the guy who lied us into war as opposed to the guy trying to squirm out of a blowjob.

But whatever works for you.

7. It’s an eyebrow raiser. It makes you think if he has truly wrapped his brain around the whole issue and the main players, OR is he just blurting out Republican talking points: We won’t surrender to terrorists! White flag of surrender!, etc.

The key point in the thread topic is this:
    They would be jumping up and down breathing fire through the airwaves.

8. zagoshe

Oh that's right I forgot the SportsJournalists.com liberal mafia rationalization for all things Slick Willy --- "Ken Starr made him do it...."

LOL

9. Yes, please, let's talk about this again.

10. zagoshe

It is far more interesting than the prospects of a dud like John McCain becoming the president of the United States.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

For fucks sake, Zag, Clinton left office seven mother fucking years ago. While he wasn't exactly Ivory Soap, the most trouble he got came from lying about a blow job. If you want to equate that to misrepresenting intelligence to lead to war, and then wearing blinders to facts and being completely dishonest about statements made by our highest public officials, so be it. But it's not some SportsJournalists.com liberal mafia who thinks you're off your rocker when you do that. Blowjobs don't equate to loss of life. Nor will it drain our federal tax dollars for decades to come the way this war has and will. Get your fucking head out of the fucking Clintons' asses already.

Now, whatever it was for McCain, it's not a good thing. I'm not going to say he would deliberately try to associate any violence to Al Qaeda the way the Bush Admin has and continues to do. But too many fucking people don't have a clue as to what's going on over there and simply decide to view it in a black and white prism. And eight years of black and white views on everything, and the intellectual laziness that's required to be so fucking obstinate, is one reason why this country is so fucked up right now.

12. zagoshe

These people would disagree that Clinton's lies didn't equate to the loss of life....

http://www.etherzone.com/body.html

Draft saved Draft deleted