1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McCain just threw his hat in the ring ... on Letterman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Mar 1, 2007.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Guess that's one way to get the word out.

He said that the last time he was on he promised that if he was going to enter the race, he would do it next time he was on the show. He just lived up to his word.

EDIT: Paul with a nice zinger of Dave ... McCain said he would make a more formal announcement in April and Dave joked, "How do you think that makes me feel?" As McCain was saying that he was dragging the announcement out, Paul interrupts to say, "He's going to make it official on Leno." Zing!

It is official though. He's in the race.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yeah, they moved that on the wire an hour or two ago. We got it in for tomorrow.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I saw it on CNN before dinner.

4. OneMoreRead

OneMoreRead Member

Would this be a first?

I mean, coming out on a late night talk show isn't too political.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Watching the show now.

I just heard McCain talking about lives being wasted in Iraq. Didn't Obama just get excoriated a couple of weeks ago for saying that?

Oh yeah, I forgot, McCain's a war hero so he gets a free pass. ::)

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

That's what being a POW bad ass gets you. I'm the furthest thing from a republican, but McCain might be the guy to get this country turned around.

7. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

At least we know McCain has a sense of humor ... he got off some nice zingers (especially his one about vice presidents).

At 70, though, I'm afraid it might be a little too late for McCain. Too bad, I always liked his no-nonsense attitude and the fact he never took money from the leeches which invade Capitol Hill.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Like lantaur said, McCain's time has come and gone, and it was in 2000. Thank you, Karl Rove hate machine.

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

10. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Fixed.

And did McCain bring both faces with him to the interview?

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I like McCain a lot. I worry that he's not electable, but I really like the guy. I got to meet him in 2000 at a fundraiser. He's an impressive guy.

If he or Giuliani win, I'll be very happy.

12. That makes one of you.
    McCain is more of the same in Iraq and illegal surveillance.
    And Rudy (Dorismond, Diallo, Louima) Giuliani with his hands on the entire intelligence apparatus? Yeah, I feel great about that.

Draft saved Draft deleted