1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McCain blames Obama for rising gas costs in new campaign ad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Write-brained, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Just came on ...

McCain is blaming Obama for rising gas prices and saying point-blank that drilling here will make gas prices go down.

"One man knows we must drill more in America and rescue our family budgets. Don't hope for more energy, vote for it. McCain."

Wow. Just wow. I'm not against drilling here, especially if I thought it would lower gas prices, but it's been reported over and over that that's not the case.

Damn. I would have voted for McCain eight years ago, when he was still a maverick candidate but the guy has long sold his soul.

2. Re: New McCain ad

The ad's about 30 seconds in.

Yeah, it's all Obama's fault.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I blame McCain and Obama for more threads than necessary on politics.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

McCain needs to meet T. Boone Pickens.

5. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

This is one of the dumbest ads by an actual Presidential campaign I've ever seen.

McCain wants it both ways. Obama is both inexperienced and of little influence, and to blame for everyone's ills.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Didn't he just say today that gas prices were coming down?

7. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

The real question is: What's your favorite McCain song?

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Shh, logic plays no role in political ads.

9. I probably won't start any other political threads through November. I wasn't planning to start this one, but the commercial represents everything bad about politics. It makes McCain look worse than anything Obama or all of the inside baseball threads on here could ever say about him.

He actually blamed Obama for the gas hike. And then he talks about drilling domestically - which is irrelevant since Bush already lifted the presidential ban. McCain won't be able to do shit about the legislative ban.

And it's been reported over and over again that supply is hardly driving gas prices up. This just reeks of desperation.

I thought this election was going to be close, but now I'm convinced McCain is going to have his ass handed to him, and it's his own fault.

10. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

excellent point

11. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

McCain said today W should be credited for lower gas prices because he rescinded his daddy's executive order barring offshore drilling.

Yeah, tie yourself to W - that will work - if you've got pix of Obama and Senator Craig in an Minneapolis airport stall.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I celebrate his entire catalog.

Draft saved Draft deleted