1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McCain: Being in an orphanage is better than having two gay parents

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jul 13, 2008.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Again -- the same people who spent all of last night trying to split hairs about what Al Gore actually meant when he talked about the internet now have no problem starting a thread then ripping into a guy because of what they INFER what he said or meant -- not what he actually said.

And next comes the rationalization, which I assume will be THAT'S DIFFERENT!!!!

2. Yeah, spinning is out of touch.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I think his response on school boards was spot-on. Most school boards I've dealt with are stocked with rational, forward-thinking individuals who really know how to set up the best curriculum for local students.

Fuck. I tried. I can't get that color any bluer than that.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

The man said, "i don't believe in gay adoption." I'm sorry, but he's made his views perfectly clear. There aren't any hairs to be split.

5. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Al Gore! Internet! Greenspan! Kool.Aid! KOOOOL.AIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. zagoshe

Did he say that kids would be better off in orphanages? Because that's the title of this thread -- and I didn't quite read that in the cut and paste of his interview......

But again, being as liberals believe they are the thought police and they believe they can read minds -- and then create silly "Hate Crimes" laws based on their suspicions of what someone might have been thinking when they committed a felony -- I can understand why where the inference made by a non-answer should be treated as gospel.....

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

And when they're really backed into a corner, there's the always redoubtable,

"But Clinton had a blow job in the oval office!"

8. pallister

pallister Guest

9. zagoshe

I know, I know it is so frustrating to not be able to get away with being frauds and hypocrites and revisers of history without being called out for it.

I know, I know, it is tough, but you'll survive.....

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

What I find interesting is that McCain says that both parents are important in the success of a family. If a gay couple adopts, wouldn't that be two parents?

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Zag, your obtuseness is at Guy-levels. He said he doesn't believe in gay adoptions, and when asked even if the only other choice was an orphanage, he completely dodged the question. He didn't just not answer it, he evaded it as well as any politician has ever evaded something. If you don't want to see it, because it's critical of your viewpoint, so be it. But don't sit there and say all of us can't see waht's going on, because we see it just fine.

12. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Yep, but they're gay, so it doesn't matter. ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted