1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McCain at his pandering best

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Some place in or near New Orleans. People on CNN were saying that it was a small crowd for the place where it was held.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

But whose fault was it that the delegates didn't fully count - the Florida Democrats who didn't fight hard enough to change that part of the reform measure, knowing what it would do, or the Republicans who they spent most of Saturday blaming?

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

How would Florida's primary screw-up be the GOP's fault?

5. Don't you get it? EVERYTHING is the GOP's fault.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm not willing to go that far. I'll settle for the screwed up past 7 1/2 years, though.

7. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Unless you're using the Democratic form of dividing delegates based on percentage. Then everyone gets a prize.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

The primary dates in Florida are set by the Legislature, which is controlled by the GOP, and signed into law by the governor, who's a Republican. I don't think they did it to specifically hurt the Democrats, but that that was an outcome I doubt broke anyone's hearts.

As I pointed out elsewhere, the Democrats could have had their own primary, but they would have had to pay the entire cost, and they would have ended any chance at all that they had of defeating a short-sighted property tax amendment (that ended up passing anyway).

Draft saved Draft deleted