1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McCain at his pandering best

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

An example of being right after originally being wrong, but OK, we'll take it. Got any more?

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Honestly here, I just don't understand how people can think McCain would be any different than Bush. The man really hasn't differentiated himself at all. I believe he is a better man, but I don't think that would make him any different as president.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Speaking of pandering, Obama's sure got the fear-mongering and class warfare down. The party should be proud.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

They both want to attack Iran for little reason?

They both refuse to engage in any diplomacy?

They both support a gas tax holiday, despite every single economist saying it's a bad idea that won't do any good?

I can keep going.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Are you really this clueless?

http://www.ontheissues.org/john_mccain.htm

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

By June 2009 a gallon of gas will be back to $1.50. However, any brand of beer will be $417.

7. Mighty_Wingman

I really thought the whole "no personal attacks" thing had traction. Oh well.

I see McCain's stances there -- in huge, indigestible chunks, I might add. I don't see Bush's. I'll mention that McCain's repeated opposition to big government and pork seems a rather un-Dubya position.

Again, I was disagreeing that McCain was a Bush "clone," not that they weren't both members of the same ideological political party.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

In their defense, they did say they miss Fenian; they're just picking up the slack as best they can.

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

C'mon pall, you're better than that. Certainly politicians of all stripes use those kinds of appeals, but even if you don't agree with his politics, Obama's emotional appeals have been positive, not negative.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I could post links all night, but the war and the tax policy are all that matters, to voters, anyway.

More importantly, he literally embraced the man who slandered his family in a horribly ugly and racist way.

Some maverick.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

My good sir, may I suggest you read the link a bit more closely? Mr Bush's stance vis a vi Mr. McCain's is clearly outlined.

Thank you and God bless you,

Sincerely,

TV.

12. Mighty_Wingman

Fixed.

Draft saved Draft deleted