1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McCain about to pick Jindal?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I thought he was picking Jindal to get the Indian vote. :D

2. nibs price

nibs price Member

That would wrap up the Hotel Owners of America vote, and a goodly portion of the convenience store crowd, too...

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Come on, really?

4. Gold

Gold Active Member

On paper, Jindal would seem to be a good choice. He is Catholic, young, would appeal to the religious base where McCain is having trouble; the wealthy people who would support Romney are going to vote for McCain anyway. Jindal hasn't been governor long enough to really screw up, and it will probably be the best story. I'm sure somebody will google everything he said, but I don't know that he is in the same vein as Mike Huckabee.

There are a couple of problems with picking Romney. One, McCain supposedly has a real distaste for him. I know JFK and a lot of his people weren't thrilled about LBJ, but the two had worked together as a senator. Two, how could the GOP be against Universal Health Care when Romney supported a plan in Massachusetts. Three, with the economy in trouble, how does that work with someone who is perceived as somebody who cuts employees jobs.

One problem with Jindal is that would take away the attack point by the GOP that Obama doesn't have the experience.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Gold, Jindal is just as nuts as Huckabee. The guy openly talked about how he performed an exorcism to remove demons from a friend.

There is nothing rational about that. The man is insane.

6. nibs price

nibs price Member

C'mon Pastor, you weenie. Who here HASN'T helped out a buddy with an exorcism? Raise your hands and spin your heads.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'm sorry. I should have phrased it better. He performed the exorcism on a Thursday. Everyone knows you never perform them on a Thursday.

8. Mizzougrad96

The more I read, the less I like Jindal.

Pick Pawlenty or Romney.

Having a 71-year-old president makes me nervous when we have a bible-thumper in the No. 2 spot.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

You and a few zillion others!

10. Mizzougrad96

I wonder if there is any chance that either candidate could convince Colin Powell to take the No. 2 slot.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Really don't think he could be talked into it, at this point in his life.

12. Mizzougrad96

If I'm McCain, I go to Powell and tell him that if he takes the No. 2 slot, he can be completely, 100 percent in charge of deciding what to do in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I know it will never happen.

Draft saved Draft deleted