1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mayweather-Pacquiao: Bring it

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'd watch Klitschko versus Ray Lewis.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Lewis was always very articulate.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'd also like to see ex-presidents box each other. Could Obama beat the shit out of Carter?

Better yet, make it MMA style.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Lewis was unprepared against Rahman and McCall, and he was getting his ass kicked against Vitali until he luckboxed his way out of that.

He only knock on Lewis his whole career was that he was great, but could've been so much greater.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Anyone know of a fantasy boxing league?

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yep.

NBC is going to give it a solid try...they are spending some real money to jumpstart the sport.

Premier Boxing Champions Schedule | NBC Sports

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

This. People will watch, and I look forward to it a little bit, but it would have been HUGE five or six years ago. People have been clamoring for this fight for years, and now we finally get it when both guys are past their primes. Just annoying, and a big reason boxing has become irrelevant.

8. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

My love of boxing has been taken over by watching MMA. That being said I would rather watch a great boxing match than a great MMA fight.

As other have noted, trouble with boxing is being able to see any of it for free. I used to love watching Friday Night Fights whenever one of the Canadian networks would pick it up.

I still remember all the times we would pony up to watch the big fights in the bar because home PPV was not a thing yet. The last fight I went to a bar for was Tyson vs Spinks. The last fight that I paid for on PPV was Holyfield vs Tyson.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Floyd in 8.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Good value in that opinion, Chef.

Over 11.5 rounds: -300
    Under 11.5 rounds: +200

Fight goes the distance: -300
    Fight does not go the distance: +200