1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mayweather-Pacquiao: Bring it

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

A dominant American heavyweight would be light years more popular. Klitschko is a dominant champion in a down era. Plus, he's dull. And those two upset losses early in his career are albatrosses for his legacy.

Why do you think he's better than Lewis? He's beating up on a bunch of nobodies.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Boxing could use some lighter-weight studs like Hagler, Hearns, Leonard, Pryor, Arguello and Duran and action fighters like Ray Mancini, Matthew Saad Muhammad and Danny (Little Red) Lopez who seemed to be on network TV every other week.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He's not beter than Lewis.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Speaking of pseudo-Canadian heavyweights of that vintage, 51-year-old Razor Ruddock is planning a comeback fight next month in Toronto.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Boxing is coming back to NBC and CBS. On March 7, there are some decent fights on NBC.

6. Mr. Sunshine

I watched a Klitschko fight recently and I turned it off after less than two rounds. He didn't look particularly engaged, and his style is less than exciting. I can't imagine anyone who is not a big boxing fan wasting their time watching the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Lewis beat up a bunch of nobodies, too. And a shell of Mike Tyson. Beating Holyfield is the only part of his resume that's better than anything in Klitschko's body of work.

Samuel Peter was a legit fighter when he beat Klitschko. Much more legit than Rahman or McCall, anyway.

Plus, Klitschko is every bit as physically gifted as Lewis was, only in much better shape, smarter and more dedicated.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Watching a Klitschko fight reminds me of the time in seventh-grade that two large ninth-grade hillbillies got into a fight after P.E. class.

Songbird likes this.
  9. Mr. Sunshine

Watching the two, one looked like he knew how to box.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

what makes him smarter and more deidcated? When was Lewis ever out of shape? Lewis was clinical for a heavyweight, boring at times but his skills were never in question.

11. Mr. Sunshine

That's racist.

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I have Mayweather in the first fight. Pacquiao in the second and Mayweather in the third fight.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted