1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mayor's house raided after UPS man delivers weed; two labradors killed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by black dude with pompano, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Police are investigating whether a package of marijuana addressed to the wife of a Prince George's County mayor was really intended to be intercepted by a deliveryman as part of a drug smuggling scheme.

A Prince George's Sheriff's Office SWAT team and county police narcotics officers burst into the house of Berwyn Heights Mayor Cheye Calvo on Tuesday evening after they saw Calvo take the package inside. In the course of the raid, they shot and killed his two black Labrador retrievers.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/01/AR2008080103223.html

Sad story, but a necessary evil in the fight to keep our children safe from drugs. In any war, there will be collateral damage. Please say a prayer for the brave men in blue who risk their lives every day to protect our freedom.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Another in a long line of bad acts by the PG County popo.

3. Overrated

Overrated Guest

How this thread isn't about Kwame Kilpatrick I'll never know.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's about the only thing he hasn't done -- yet

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I saw this story several days ago and I'm really, really pissed about the dogs. One of them was running AWAY and was SHOT FROM BEHIND. I have three Labs - man.

6. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

That was my first thought.

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

If it were, thread title would be:
    Mayor's house raided after UPS man (who is a Kwame relative making $350K per year) delivers weed; two labradors killed

OR

Mayor's house raided after UPS man delivers weed and sends Kwame 10 x-rated text messages; two labradors killed

8. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Good point...and, fixed.

9. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

This was the first thing I thought about, too. I have a Lab. I have never met an aggressive Lab. This is a very strange story.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And the cops admit the mayor and family are "most likely" innocent of any wrongdoing. But the cops still haven't apologized for Vicking the dogs ...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,399882,00.html

11. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Here's the beauty of America -- I can say this:

The Prince George County police are a bunch of fucking douchebags.

Draft saved Draft deleted