1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mayor Lou Merloni Sighting

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

One of the great utility players of our time adds the title of "Captain" to his name.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070918&content_id=303840&vkey=news_milb&fext=.jsp

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It's a shame that Chris L can't be let out of jail here to share this moment with us.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

This news will certainly brighten his spirits. Wednesday is his shock therapy day. We usually stop by on Thursday to help feed him his oatmeal. Sometimes Boom sneaks him an old cigar.

4. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

how about that.......I just assumed Lou was living in Nomar and Mia's spare bedroom, ...actually I assumed Nomar put Mia in the spare bedroom so he and Lou could snuggle while watching "Queer Eye...."

5. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Did he get demoted? I thought he was the Governor?

6. KP

KP Active Member

Mayor of Framingham, Governor of the Commonwealth what's the dif?

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

The only true Captain Lou is Captain Lou Albano. Merloni should bow to the real Captain Lou!

8. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

The lovefest for Merloni always drove me crazy. I understand hometown people rooting for a local, but the outcry each time he was waived/release/optioned always made me laugh.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The outcry was more from Nomah than anyone else.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

and that was even before the "pink hatted" sox fans came about. Imagine what it would be like now.

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I'd rather have sent Merloni out there in the eighth last night to protect a one-run than Eric Perdre.
    On the other hand, the Providence College Friars have gone unbeaten since he and John McDonald left school.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

I can't say this enough: I wish I was covering a team that had Sweet Lou playing for it, so that when he got released, I could write the headline SO LONG FRAMINGHAM.

If someone gets that, that would be awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted