1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maybe this is the way Whitlock should have gone

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

The story that ran in the actual issue (the first one that hit online) was maybe the fourth or fifth best one in the magazine. Nate Jackson's Scorecard column was better. And I love SI. I will say if you want to read Dohrmann actually making a difference, read his book on AAU basketball.

2. An article about fact-checking that doesn't check the facts. Awesome.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

What difference did that make?

4. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

Look, I think I figured out why there is so much controversy over Evans' reporting. He insists on conducting every interview in a wind tunnel and/or flight simulator. How can either party understand anything?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Of course. Right after he gets around to reading the SI story.

6. Morris816

Morris816 Member

Even better: Most of the people who commented on Pearlman's writing simply proved Pearlman's points for him. Especially his point about "brainless craziness" regarding college football.

Draft saved Draft deleted