1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maybe the greatest job ever ...

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by alanpagerules, Dec 13, 2006.

1. alanpagerules

alanpagerules Member

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=711569

JOIN THE MOST ELECTRIFYING COMPANY IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY TODAY!

World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. develops and produces the last of the great variety shows on television, combining all the elements of entertainment: sitcom, talk show, soap opera, action-adventure, and drama. With 52 weeks of original programming, without an off-season or re-runs, it is quite a creative challenge to keep characters and story lines interesting and compelling. That's where you come in!

Qualified candidates should possess:

• BA/BS in Film, TV, Drama, Media Studies, Communications or equivalent

• Minimum of three to five years writing and production experience in network television

• Professional TV staff experience in drama and comedy a plus

• Experience in all aspects of live TV production a plus

• Highly creative (a prolific idea generator)

• Plugged into pop culture and trends

• Able to work closely and effectively with talent, writers, and producers throughout the creative process

• Strong understanding of WWE's audience (demographic and psychographic) a plus

• Must live in Stamford, CT area or be willing to relocate there

• Knowledge of WWE shows, talent, and storylines

• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment

• Flexible travel schedule (extensive travel required)

Candidates can apply at: http://www.wwe-careers.com/wwe/jobboard/SearchPositions.asp?ShowJobID=305 &Keywords=

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/34845/

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Not the same job, Doc.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

My bad. Didn't realize WWE was on a hiring binge. :D

5. boots

boots New Member

Again, this is too good of a position for me to apply for. I am WWE challenged.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Don't link to your romp in the hay thread or they'll think you're this guy:
    [​IMG]

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Nothing is better than the Hungry Horse News job.

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

This guy must be a fan of Vince McMahon's arse or a jilted ex-lover if you watch TNA wrestling these days.

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

"Demographic and psychographic." Not sure "psychographic" is even a word. But I'm going to try to find a way to wind it into a sentence tomorrow.

10. In all seriousness, VKM is one of the biggest assholes in the world and a SHIT boss to work for. Not speaking from experience, but I've read a lot about him and the company and how he handles not only the talent, but others who work for him and no one has good things to say about the man.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

The ultimate application would include a storyline that ends with the prospective employee winning the world championship, preferably by beating Vince at Wrestlemania or Summer Slam.

To be quite honest, though, I get far more enjoyment these days out of watching Celebrity Death Match. Now that is a show I would kill to write for, literally!

Draft saved Draft deleted