1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maybe seeing your son in the paper isn't your biggest priority right now?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by flexmaster33, Apr 1, 2011.

1. LevinTBlack

LevinTBlack Member

*clap* *clap* *clap*

2. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

This is why I'm anti-social now. If I don't interact with people, I'm only going to hear this on occasion. If I go to parties and people know who I am, it's a constant flow of pitches for their stupid kids.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would have hit delete immediately and pretended I never saw the email. If she sends a second one, deal with her then.

4. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

You win.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Seriously? I don't recall ever having someone I met asking me to write about their kid -- maybe asking why we don't do more with a team they like or their high school.

But if you folks can't deal with a letter like this, you should go into a different line of work.

This is an easy one. Thank her for the note and say you always appreciate story ideas and that you will keep an eye on young Nolan Ryan.

6. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

No not seriously. I don't do blue type. But I have been bugged by people I know before about their kid and or team. That is more uncomfortable than strangers because the "as a favor to me" angle gets used. Doesn't happen often and certainly not at every party I go to, but it has happened.

And there have been repeat offenders. Those people I do avoid.

7. newinthefield

newinthefield Member

If you write it, she will cum.

Ha!

8. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

Yes, "quitter" in most cases sums it up. We've ended up twisting things up to the point where marriages are treated like used cars...it's not working right, it's been around a few years...well, on to a new model or maybe just a different model. It's a joke. What should be our most cherished relationship and we trample all over it and try to convince ourselves everyone will be better off on the other side.

And all the "jokes" about banging the distressed mother...thanks for the sophomore humor. A lot of people on here could learn some respect for women. Geesh.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Learn respect for a woman you called a quitter?

Even Leviticus would let you get a divorce if your spouse was fooling around. How do you know this woman's husband wasn't beating her or sleeping around?

10. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

I don't Ace, and I said in "most" cases...obviously there are a few exceptions. Someone who quits on their marriage should be called what exactly?

And in the case of adultery...the one who makes that choice quits on his/her marriage when they make that choice. In the case of abuse, the one who chooses to hit or otherwise do damage to their spouse, is choosing to quit on their marriage. Sometimes there are victims, but always there is at least one quitter.

11. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the new sig line, HanSenSE

12. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Lighten up, Francis.

Draft saved Draft deleted