1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maybe Pat means God has a good track record....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Jan 2, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - In what has become an annual tradition of prognostications, religious broadcaster Pat Robertson predicted Tuesday that a terrorist attack on the United States would result in "mass killing" late in 2007.

"I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be nuclear," he said during his news-and-talk television show "The 700 Club" on the Christian Broadcasting Network. "The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that."

Robertson said God told him during a recent prayer retreat that major cities and possibly millions of people will be affected by the attack, which should take place sometime after September.

Robertson said God also told him that the U.S. only feigns friendship with Israel and that U.S. policies are pushing Israel toward "national suicide."

Robertson suggested in January 2006 that God punished then-Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon with a stroke for ceding Israeli-controlled land to the Palestinians.

The broadcaster predicted in January 2004 that President Bush would easily win re-election. Bush won 51 percent of the vote that fall, beating Democratic Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts. He also predicted Bush's victory for a second term in 2005.

"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

In May, Robertson said God told him that storms and possibly a tsunami were to crash into America's coastline in 2006. Even though the U.S. was not hit with a tsunami, Robertson on Tuesday cited last spring's heavy rains and flooding in New England as partly fulfilling the prediction.

Sorry for posting the whole article, but WTF? Pat talks to God, makes statements from God and when they don't come true, he says, "Sometimes I miss?"

Uhm, so isn't that saying God misses sometimes, too? I mean, I'll admit I sometimes look at really scummy people and wonder that maybe God did miss on that one. Just not sure Pat wants to jack with God's track record by getting the plays wrong, y'think?

;)

Thanks Pat.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Paging yeehaw Hondo to this thread, yeehaw Hondo...

3. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

If you'll call Pat's toll-free hotline tonight, he'll give you God's guaranteed Play of the Week. Regulars know He had the inside line last month on which former president wouldn't be around for this week's divine visions. Tired of losing on extinction prop bets? Call in the next 15 minutes and Pat will give you -- free -- vague prophesies on weather somewhere in the near future! Call now!

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Wayne Allen Root, please answer the red phone. You got competition.

5. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

In the spirit of bipartisanship, how 'bout we take Pat Robertson from the right and Jesse Jackson from the left, and send them on a Bush 41/Clinton-to-the-Tsunami-Zone kind of joint mission ... to Falluja.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I'm about as Jewish as W . . . that said, haven't we had quite enough of this anti-semetic loon?

7. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

Where's your messiah now?

[​IMG]

8. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Pat also predicted the Cubs would win the World Series, the L.A. Clippers the NBA Crown and the Cleveland Browns would uproot and reside in Los Angeles. They will be renamed the LA Quakes and win the Super Bowl in 2008. The world will end when Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson converge for a halftime kiss and the space-time continuum collapses on itself.

Happy New Year.

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

The scariest part of flying to the Norfolk, Va., airport is seeing a huge Pat Robertson poster along the corridor.

If He was going to tell anybody what's going to happen, why would He tell this idiot?

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Any word on who God told Pat Robertson to take in the 2007 Death Pool? ;D ;D

11. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Good to see Pat didn't ask for details. The Dept. of Homeland Security should waterboard the good Rev. until he gives up the goods.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Well, when you own the company, no one will pull you aside and say "Um, Rev, you may want to back it off a little, you're coming off as nuts".

Draft saved Draft deleted