1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maybe Jones was right about that McCain guy ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Dec 23, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

http://www.boston.com/news/local/new_hampshire/articles/2007/12/23/mccain_closing_gap_with_romney/

Senator John McCain of Arizona has made a dramatic recovery in the Granite State, pulling within 3 percentage points of front-runner Mitt Romney, a new poll indicates.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Good for him. He always has been the "least objectionable" choice in my book.

And since the ethnic cleansing in Iraq is complete and the neighborhoods are no longer divided and violence is down . . . it's no longer a big deal to stay there longer. The worst is over. The only question now is whether Iraq will ever develop a functioning and stable government. I doubt it will. But right now "stay the course" doesn't look quite as stupid as it did one year ago. The "course" veered so far off the tracks earlier that it can only get better, no matter who is in the Oval Office.

3. He's got four months left to pander.
    Let's see what he does down South.

UPDATE -- The Concord Monitor thinks you might be right, at least vis a vis the Mittmeister.
    http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071222/OPINION/712230301

That will leave a mark.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Kudos to them for seeing through the recent pathetic, whoring.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Wow.

Someone on that paper's ed board has some serious stones.

6. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

And it comes on the heels of both papers in Boston -- the city where Romney was governor less than a year ago -- endorsing McCain. What more do you need to know about the guy?

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I can tell you.

They can't stand the faux Kennedy accent, which is a liability in itself.

8. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

We're talking Mitt Romney, not Mayor Quimby here, right? Mitt's accent is geographically neutral, as far as I can tell.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Then you haven't gotten recorded campaign calls from him like I have (among everyone else) over the past three weeks. He adds that Bostonian accent when saying his last name. It sounds like "Romneee" than "Romney."

10. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Sorry, I live in Massachusetts. The presidential campaigns leave us alone. Super Tuesday has its drawbacks (i.e., the irrelevancy of our primary vote), but at least we're not getting barraged by candidates the way Iowans or New Hampshirites do.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

We do get barraged. Have you not seen the ads on the Boston TV stations?

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would love it if McCain became the next president...

Draft saved Draft deleted