1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maybe a "Holy Day" means something different to muslims

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Jan 30, 2007.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Who died and left you the Thought Police Chief?

2. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Sigh…

Yes, you’re right. There is virtually no violence associated with religion in America. But what about the other violence? What about kids blowing each other away because they’re wearing the wrong color, mothers drowning their children and guys shooting their friends because of a bet on the USC-Clemson game (true story)?

Just because there’s no religion-based killings in America doesn’t give us the right to shake our heads and act all superior. It would take about 5 minutes of Google searching to find 10 examples of random, what-the-fuck violence from around the country.

It’s kind of like when people get all high and mighty after a soccer riot in Europe. “Those people are so violent,” everyone says. WTF?!?!?!? We have 16 year olds coming to school with guns and blowing away classmates and wives killing husbands/husbands killing wives.

We don’t have the right to look down on anybody else.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Because you and your ignorant anti-Muslim rants are tiresome as hell.

But we know you'd show up one more time to make sure everyone heard them--for the 1000th time.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

jr they spell it MUSLIM not MUSLIAM as you spelled it.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Nice catch, boom.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Having your spelling corrected by Boom is like being lectured on Islam by Hondo.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Or having the intracacies of journalism explained to you by JDV.

All you can say is: Whatever.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

JDV worked in the CNN Newsroom. He said so.

I understand he also landed with the troops in Normandy and knows where Amelia Earhart crashed.

9. Boom_70

Back in track boys. We're not waiting in line at the airport for an hour because some kid from Kansas brings a rifle into his school.

Yesterday Allah cost me almost 2 hours of my life that I won't be getting back.

10. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Man, your ignorance would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Allah didn't cost you two hours, the small group of radical followers of Islam that perverted the teachings of Allah did that to you.

My point was we can't look down our nose at the violence of other countries when we have so much violence here.

And BTW, I'm guessing 2 hours of your life isn't a big loss.

11. Boom_70

If that is the case then why do we need so much security at the airports. Is it overdone?

12. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

This made me laugh out loud.

Draft saved Draft deleted