1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maybe a "Holy Day" means something different to muslims

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Jan 30, 2007.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

It LIVES.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Guess I missed something, other than this slipping off the front page.

3. Nice of JR to appoint himself censor.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, someone had to do it. Besides, someone could lose an eye.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

jr - are you now on Allahs payroll?

6. NDub

NDub Guest

I can't believe some of the bigotry in this thread and on these message boards. Without being a Muslim or living in the shitbowels of earth, none of you dopefucks understand why shit happens over there. Instead, you sit here and criticize/poke fun of shit. How ignorant of you.

7. Boom_70

You just called the Holy Land a "shit bowl" and that is just wrong.

8. NDub

NDub Guest

IAs if you really care, Boom.

And yes, I called Iraq a shitbowel because it's true. Not because of the history of the land, but because of all the death and destruction there. We've seen the news - duh. I'm friends with two soliders and have talked to many others over there that have used that terminology based on what they've seen there. These are dudes who patrol the streets, guard checkpoints, kick down insurgents' doors and fight the bad guys on the front lines. I'll take their word.

9. Boom_70

I'm sorry but you can't refer to the "Holy Land" as a "shit bowl".

10. NDub

NDub Guest

The entire Middle East isn't the Holy Land. Saudi Arabia is holy because it's where Islam was started by Muhammad (Mecca/Medina) as is Israel because it's the land of God's Chosen People (the Jews).

Your lack of understanding of the term Holy Land and its meaning clearly shows your ignorance and why you have no credibility behind your stupid Islam/Muslim joke-filled posts.

EDIT: Who knows, maybe you're just fucking around and being a jerk for whatever. Maybe you do know your Islam. I just think the content and timing of your posts sucks. I've seen you post on other 'Islam-related' threads before and haven't seen a much different tone.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

with the blessings of Allah you may pass GO and collect 72 virgins

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Refresh my memory .... when was the last time American Methodists attacked American Prebyterians, on Christmas or Easter, with the result being 44 dead?

Draft saved Draft deleted