1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

May The Force Be With The Force

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Apr 19, 2009.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

No nerd hate rhetoric please. We aren't fat people.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'd only be hating myself. Rick, I'm one of the biggest sci-fi fans on the board. Star Wars was the first movie I saw in the theater and when Majel Barrett died, I was the one who reminded everbody that one of her characters' proper title was, Lwaxana Troi, Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Rixx, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed. (Once again, thank you Wikipedia. If I ever manage to quote that without looking it up, y'all will know I have completely lost it.)

We all have our lines where we start to wonder about people. Mine used to be ownership of a Klingon dictionary, but listing your religion as Jedi is right up there.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Obviously it's cheating if you've already mentioned it, but I think I could have done it without looking, but that's just a remnant from teenage years and not something I'm actively into now.

I keep drawing lines and then crossing them. Harry Potter, World of Warcraft, Firefly, those all used to be my "I won't be that guy" lines.

4. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Star Trek is cool. Always has been. Always will be.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I will never own a Klingon dictionary or declare myself to be a Jedi, but otherwise there aren't many lines I wouldn't cross if I was interested.

My daughter recently informed us that she will be giving up interest in all things princess related when she turns six because at that point she will be "too old for that stuff." Makes me sad that she thinks she can ever be too old for something she enjoys. I'm going to have to teach her better. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted