1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

May I recommend the two-gallon can?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Nov 5, 2007.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Uh, one gallon = not enough to start the volvo; two gallons = enough to start?

... and there's a Jeff Foxworthy joke in here somewhere

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Let me help! I'll use Google to translate it into French ... and then back into English:

OK, when we are going to help a friend who has failed itself by running his Volvo 660 gasoline, be sure you get the two gallons of gas may be one gallon of gas may, at the gas station . Because when you complete the Volvo 660 with two gallons of gas instead of a gallon of gasoline, we could begin, and then you do think something in addition to a lack of gas made in your car!

(Side note: if I actually put the French paragraph here, SportsJournalists.com will not let me post. Does SportsJournalists.com not allow French??)

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Oui.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

To be fair, I did have a car that had fuel pump issues, and would fail to start even when it had a bit of gas left. It took three gallons, usually, to get it high enough to start again. Which was a pain in the ass if you were stranded and only had a one-gallon gas can. Fortunately, it only happened twice before I learned my damn lesson. (And eventually got rid of the car.)

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Fixed.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ran this through the Dooleyfish translator and came up with this.

My friend is a boob for running out of gas in his Volvo. I am a bigger boob for only having a one gallon can of petroleum.

Draft saved Draft deleted