1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

May 6th - National Teacher Day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, May 6, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Just thought I would start a thread on teachers considering today is National Teacher Day.

One nice thing that could be done is just sending a former teacher who helped you along the way an email.

Their paycheck might be a little light, but having a former student email them and let them know that the student has done well in life is possibly the most rewarding thing that can happen to them.

Most schools will have a webpage with links to the teacher's email account. It will probably take a few minutes to do, but trust me, it will make their day, week and month.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Are you telling me to call my parents, Mr. Devil? Maybe tomorrow.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Who decided it was National Teacher's Day and why?

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Was it the secretaries?

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I don't think secretaries exist any more. They're administrative assistants.

I suspect the teachers, a pretty bashed up group, started it.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I bet it was my 10th-grade English teacher. I always hated her.

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Judging by all the bizarre threads we see, maybe the idea behind National Teachers Day is to get one in the sack.

In all seriousness, my 10th grade typing teacher would not allow me to drop the class when I wanted to and I am forever indebted to her wisdom.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

No malice.

Just thought it would be a nice day to post something like that.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Maybe I can E-mail my sixth-grade teacher. My parents and I didn't want me to skip a grade, so he put me back in the corner with a stack of Baseball Digests for the year while my classmates caught up with and passed me.

Draft saved Draft deleted