1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

May 21: What will you be doing?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gingerbread, May 16, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Poor Donald Trump.

First Obama pre-empts his show by scheduling his killing of bin Laden for the same night, now the world's going to end a night before the live finale.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

These loons were passing out literature in downtown Cleveland during the Tribe's home opener.

One of the girls was cute. I asked her if the world didn't end that day if she wanted to go out on the 22nd. She said sure. So I'm going to fuck her on the 22nd b/c she will be very happy to be alive.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

By the 23rd, she is going to wish she was dead.

Sorry, low-hanging fruit.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Wait, isn't it Ben Laden?

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

So if the world survives, is there going to be some sort of massive baby boom on February 22, 2012?

6. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I must be reading a different translation of the Bible, because nothing in any of our versions at home mention May 21, 2011 as the end of the world.
    Maybe all of the interest will cause Twitter to blow up.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You tell us.

A massive baby Boom?

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

"Heaven and earth will pass away ... But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only." Matthew 24:35-36

Anyone who claims they found the end of the world by crunching numbers in the Bible, is wrong.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

That proverb sounds a lot less foreboding when read in the voice of the SNL cheerleaders in your side saddle.

10. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

I think is all a marketing ploy to coincide with the 30th anniversary re-release of Blondie's Rapture. Big sales, baby.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Is it "gold rally"?

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

There could be no other kind. Check with me on May 23, I'll know more by then.

Draft saved Draft deleted