1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

May 21: What will you be doing?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gingerbread, May 16, 2011.

1. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Me, I'll likely go for a run, watch some hockey, have a glass of wine.

But these guys, and plenty of crackpots I've been listening to on Coast to Coast radio when insomnia hits, think Judgment Day is nigh. Seems May 21 is the big day based on an evangelical preacher's mathematical system he created to interpret prophecies hidden in the Bible. He has more than a few followers, if we are to go by the mass of posters plastered on NYC subway walls announcing earth is about to be destroyed.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/05/10/f-judgment-day-family-radio.html

Side note: Dude originally used his mathematical system to predict Sept. 6, 1994 as Judgment Day. But that was before the creepy animal deaths in Arkansas.

Side note 2: While this could be very big news -- who'd be around to cover it though? -- please move to Anything Goes if it seems more appropriate.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'll be on a dinner cruise around Manhattan. I didn't realize that it's supposed to be the end of the world. I'll make sure to use the cruise's bar quite often.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'll just hope the world ends before the All-Star Race starts and it just feels like the world is ending.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

These guys are all in such a hurry for the Rapture.

I'll be living my life, witnessing an historical sporting event, while guessing that another attention-grabbing clownshow will miss out on another wild guess

Like my chances.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'll be packing for my first visit to Washington.

Do I get a refund on my airfare and hotels if the world ends?

6. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

To get all biblical for a minute, Jesus says in the Bible that only God knows the hour and date. I'm not too worried about some wacko claiming to have that information unless he/she can walk on water.

That being said, I won't do a darn thing differently.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Covering minor-league baseball. Yay.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Are you saying that if we are on "anything goes" we'll be safe.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I really hope this happens by 9 a.m., because I have a hellacious day of family stuff planned and I'd really like to avoid the hassle if it's all going to be meaningless.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Well hell, if I'd known this a month ago I wouldn't of paid my taxes.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Changing my number to 22.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Bin Laden got a jump on things. He is setting up the welcome center.

Draft saved Draft deleted