1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maxim's Top 5 "unsexiest" women

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Oct 28, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Her smile does it for me. She's fucking gorgeous.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That's a helluva good point.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Gracias. When it comes to men's magazines, I'll take Esquire. Maxim and its imitators read like they're written by dudes who drop date-rape drugs in women's drinks.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Is Sebastian Janikowski a staff writer there?

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

That's a photo of Rumer Willis, daughter of Demi Moore and Bruce Willis. One of the gossip sites calls her "Potato Head."

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

That's horrible, but I laughed. Does that make me horrible?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yes Melock, it does. :)

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

But that's OK because most of us are horrible people, too.

9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Oh, OK.

I feel sorry for people like her and the daughter of Christie Brinkley/Billy Joel: They have gorgeous moms, but they end up looking more like their fathers.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

irish, if we should ever find ourselves in the same liquor-serving establishment, your first drink is on me.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree. I used to subscribe. The first few issues seemed OK, but read a few issues and you come to realize that the first issue and the 24th issue are no different at all. In the end it's just a lot of fourth-grade humor claiming to be edgy.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

OK, now there you're wrong. When it started, Maxim was solid, smart and unique. I was an original subscriber and have the first 100 issues tucked away as an eBay nest egg. It eventually lost my interest, and I've picked up a couple of issues in recent years to find that it's absolutely unreadable.

I don't know whether it's a dilution of the format, or that the original authors have gone on to other things, but it's not that you've matured or come to some realization -- Maxim used to be good, and now it sucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted