1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maxim's 12 least-funniest comedians ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportsed, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I can't rank them, and I'm missing a lot of them:
    Richard Belzer
    Kathy Griffin
    Paula Poundstone
    Louie Anderson
    Brett Butler
    Roseanne Barr
    Emo Phillips
    Carrott Top
    Sinbad
    Jeff Foxworthy
    Rosie O'Donnell
    Pauly Shore
    Howie Mandel
    Paul Rodriguez
    George Lopez
    Robin Williams
    Richard Lewis

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Best analysis I've read of the shit that passes for men's magazines.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Buck, your list had some cred until you put Robin Williams on it. Sure, he's made a few shitty movies, like RV, but his batting average is still darn good. And he's still golden as a talk show guest.

4. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

The list was comprised of comedians, that's why.

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Perhaps he should've distinguished between modern-day Robin Williams and coked-up Robin Williams, circa the 1980s?

------------

I was disappointed at the lack of Larry the Cable Guy. I like White and Engvall, Foxworth I can take or leave, but LtCG is just unbearable (so, naturally, he's the one with his own movie).

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Mencia is great... Kathy Griffin cracks me up, gotta respect anyone who is banned from that many talk shows...

I agree with the rest...

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I can't believe it took that long before someone mentioned Howie Mandel.

Yeah I know that, like Diamond Dave, he used to have some zip on his fastball back in the 80s, but all he does now is pollute the airwaves up here with those awful Boston Pizza commercials. I loves me some BP but I'm boycotting that place until they get him the fuck offa there.

And Sandra Bernhard was in Playboy once. Truly a low point for Hef's rag.

I found the TV's Best Nymphos slide show (Mona from Who's The Boss...who knew?) far more informative.

8. "What a pussycat bag."
    Boy, those Maxim kids are a scream themselves.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Dog, Gilbert is very hit or miss (with his batting average way below the Mendoza line). But he has had certain moments as a guest on Stern where he is just pure genius -- like the Judge Ito stuff or talking to Abe Hirschfeld from jail.

10. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Mencia's not funny; in fact, he's not even Mexican. He's Hungarian. Carlos Mencia is a stage name.
    He's widely known for completely stealing stuff from other comedians and pawning it off as his own. His show is Chappelle's show, except not funny.
    Check out Joe Rogan's Web site. He's got pages of stuff devoted to why Mencia sucks.

But on another note, I'd like to nominate Dane Cook, for one reason: his standup has zero transition. It pisses me off to no end. He goes bit-bit-bit-bit, but there's nothing connecting eveything and then people act like he's the greatest stand-up ever. I have his CDs; they make me laugh, but you can put them on random and it flows exactly the same as it does if you play them in order. It might be nitpicking, but I think he gets wayyy to much credit.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I stopped reading that list when they misspelled 'accordion'.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

GILBERT GOTTFRIED.

END

OF

THREAD

Draft saved Draft deleted