1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maxim's 12 least-funniest comedians ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportsed, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Mencia was the only objection I had.

Very funny guy.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I'll go along as well about Carlos.  Either Maxim don't like how un-Politically Incorrect he is or they are jealous.  Typical of the fucking Man putting Beaners down.   :mad:

Mencia's schtick is refreshing to hear.  Along with Chris Rock, I resonate how they see the world and talk about it in their standup.  Dumb shit happens on both sides of the coin.  That's what gets my attention.  

Cho is a riot, but I haven't gotten to sit and re-listen to her stuff for a while.  

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Hey, I don't care who you are ... that's funny.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

No way dude. Howie was fucking HILARIOUS in the mid-80s. His first HBO special is still one of the funniest things I've ever seen. The Bobby voice still kills me, 20 years later. Maybe it's because a copy editor at the school paper--a very quiet girl--used to pull the Bobby voice out of nowhere at about 4 am and just say "Nads" over and over and over again.

Howie: "We're recording this for an album. Side one is over. Everyone flip over."
    "My wife and I just had a baby." *thunderous applause* "What's the big deal? I just fucked my wife."

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I've seen Deal or No Deal a couple of times, and I think Mandel does fine on that, and he's been funny in the past. He does some craptastic stuff on Leno, tho [/releasethehounds]. Mandel definitely doesn't belong on the list.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I thought he had a very interesting career, as a standup and as an actor (St. Elsewhere; I'll happily overlooj the movie "Walk Like a Man.") and leveraging the Bobby character into cartoons (probably ahead of his time on that). But then, it was like he dropped off the face of the earth. I was shocked to see him on Deal or No Deal; I thought he might be dead.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

So does he, no doubt.

8. JME

JME Member

Mencia has the occasional funny sketch, but other than that it's just formulaic racial profiling. Mix 10 beaner references, 15 wetback references, and a few easy jokes about muslims and black people /

I'm not offended by it, it's just clever very often.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

This might be the funniest thing ever:

Tonight's conan features, in order, Paul Reubens (Pee Wee Herman), Carlos Mancia and..........David Lee roth.

How bad off is DLR? He's relegated third in a batting order headed up by a 55-year-old pedophile and one of the 12 unfunniest comics in the land.

10. dog428

dog428 Active Member

My top 5 worst:

1) Cho -- that someone ever gave this girl money after a 30-minute set is astounding to me.

2) Kathy Griffin -- You've got to give her credit for turning annoying into a career, though.

3) Mencia -- Quite possibly the worst male comic I've ever witnessed.

4) Gilbert Gotfried -- I don't know that he's technically a comedian, but he's God awful at whatever he does, so he makes the list. If I could find the category for his niche, he'd be No. 1.

5) Larry the Cable Guy -- the guy was great in Cars, when you couldn't see him and he couldn't freelance.

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Larry the Cable Guy is a doofus, but Ron White is hiiiilarious. I'm not quite sure how he got lumped in with the others... he must've said y'all at some point.

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

To follow up DD's post, Jeff Foxworthy is rather damn funny, too.

Yeah, the redneck stuff is a little old, but the guy has some damn funny bits.

Draft saved Draft deleted