1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maxim's 12 least-funniest comedians ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportsed, Jul 13, 2006.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

No Jeff Foxworthy?

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

In later years, yes, Roseanne was an ode to Roseanne's ego. But in its first five years, it was the definitive show about middle class American families. Grace Under Fire was 22 minutes of lame, unfunny material.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, we'll just agree to disagree then.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Indeed.

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

You're both right. Both suck and should be on the list.

6. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

Mo Rocca???? not on the list?

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I never said Roseanne sucked, or that Grace Under Fire was better. In point of fact, I like Roseanne Barr as a comedian.

8. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

I despise Cho, but I would say she still has a semi-viable career. Other than Mencia, nobody else in that list does. So it ain't exactly edgy.

I can picture the meeting about that one, especially the part where someone said, 'Well, let's not piss off anyone we might want to a feature on someday.'

Not a huge Mencia fan [think he's a one-note jalapeno] but agree he shouldn't be on that list. No way.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Old school: Rip Taylor, whose props-driven act leads directly to Carrot Top

Fiction entry: Vic Hitler, the narcoleptic comic (Hill Street Blues)

Coming up quick on the outside rail: Bill Maher

10. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Surprised there's no Howie Mandel ... though I caught his act in Vegas and was pleasantly surprised.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

He may have rehabilitated himself with his stint as a game show host, oddly.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I dislike Cho, but I get the feeling she was on this Maxim list because, you know, she sleeps with women. In fact, there were a lot of lesbian comics on there. If the Maxim boys, distantly related to SJ's Masturbation Squad, can't get in someone's pants, the vile spews.

The real glaring omission on this list are the Git-R-Done crew, like Larry the Cable Guy. What an annoying fuckwad he and his ilk are. Why couldn't they get raped in Deliverance?

Draft saved Draft deleted