1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maxim "Hot 100" list

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, May 11, 2010.

1. BRoth

BRoth Member

Good point. All they have to do is make a reference to her kissing girls song and they're set.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The Maxim Demographic is Sixteen Year old Boys with a box of Kleenex.

3. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

I counted. I have heard of less than half of those women... 47.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's pretty close to where I am.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Back in the day we were stuck with National Geographic

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I would think National Geographic would be much less comfortable than Kleenex.

7. Mizzougrad96

I haven't heard of 30 of them. There are about 10 where I've heard of them, but probably just from seeing them in US Weekly or something.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Stipulating up front that it's creepy and gross and lame to rank women in this manner...

Allison Brie is way too low. Chelsea Handler shouldn't be within a mile of this list. Anna Paquin looks like she was dipped in 1984. Zooey Deschanel is much, much too low. Alessandra Ambrosio is one of the most beautiful women in the world, and hardly deserves to be ranked 10 spots below Lindsay Vonn, who probably wouldn't even be the hottest woman on SportsJournalists.com if she posted here. That Ke$ha chick is not only not even slightly hot, she makes even dumber music than Fergie, which I didn't think was possible. Britney Spears? Seriously Maxim? Let it go, brahs. And take Jennifer Love Hewitt with you. I'm actually impressed Sofia Vergara made this list, since she's old enough to be the mom of most Maxim readers. Stephanie Pratt's inclusion is probably the most laughable on in the top 50. January Jones, also too low at 33. Enjoy Taylor Swift, but she looks like she's 12, trying to play 17. Hayden Panettire might as well be 12. Gross. Danica Patrick in the top 25 is insanity. Milla Jovovich ranked that high is a joke. It's clear from some of these rankings that Maxim's publisher is getting hummers from some of the has beens. Olivia Wilde and Bar Rafeli probably both should have been in the Top 5. Amanda Bynes is Lolita hot, in a way that makes me very uncomfortable. Audrina Patridge is probably the most overrated "hottie" of this era. She's John Mayer with big boobs and a nice body, basically, and about as dumb as his songs are lame. I hear Kim Kardashian's herpes just missed getting ranked in the Top 100 on their own. Katie Perry has huge cans. Why this makes her any different than the various other ladies on this list with huge cans, I can't say. Perplexing.

No Christina Hendricks proves, of course, that this list is beyond stupid.

But not as stupid as I am for clicking through it, apparently.

9. Mizzougrad96

I've never seen an episode of Mad Men, but Holy Shit is Christina Hendricks hot.

At least Katy Perry has talent.

I've never understood the appeal of the Heroes girl.

Agree about Refaeli and Wilde being way too low...

I haven't gotten Maxim in about five years, but I don't think they've ever named a model No. 1. It's always someone like Eva Longoria or someone who has actually had success in music or acting or something like that.

10. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Who the fuck is Katy Perry?

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I was ready to bust out the Chris Hansen pic for the mention of Emma Roberts. Had no idea she's 19 already. Thought she was still 16-17.

That said, I'm with everyone else who's not heard of most of these chicks and have serious trouble with the inclusion of a few (I'm looking at you, Spears.)

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I counted 49, partially due to my inner science fiction geek recognizing Grace Park (Battlestar Galactica), Tricia Helfer (also BSG) and Laura Vandervort (formerly on Smallville). All worthy selections. So Say We All.

But Anna Faris? Not a bad looking woman at all, but top 100?

Draft saved Draft deleted