1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Max Mosley, head of F1's ruling body, caught in Nazi-themed hooker orgy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by kleeda, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

In honor of Max Mosley, I dedicate the Dictators' (I Live For) Cars and Girls.

2. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I may be misunderstanding, but at least part of it's still up on this site:

http://tinyurl.com/2e3hj8

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I know this is somehow going to bring the wrath of GB-Hack down on me... But how British do you have to be to have sex with a bunch of hookers who first pretend to be Nazis and thrash you, and then drink tea with them (I want to believe more than anything that crumpets were served!) before everyone bothers to get dressed?

That may have been the most fascinating video I have ever seen. And that includes the YouTube link someone posted this morning of the Chinese guy dancing to MC Hammer while an old lady knits on the couch behind him without looking up once.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Not very English at all. The key to all of this is Max's dad, Oswald, who was the leader of the British Fascist Party many years ago. Channel 4 TV in Britain did a very well-done miniseries on Oswald Mosely's life a while ago. Guy met with all of them, Hitler, Mussolini, even had his own mini-army of brownshirts to do his bidding.

Here's his wikipedia page. Apparently he was voted the worst Briton of the 20th Century in 2006.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oswald_Mosely

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This thread is useless without Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Blech! I think that's what's on the video from The Ring.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Mosely: I'm sorry, but I'm not going to resign.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=6&id=3323737

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

[​IMG]

The blond guy in this movie thinks Mosley is a wimp.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I hate when people steal my ideas.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

In this familial case, sterilization a couple of generations ago would have been a VERY good thing.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Apparently, you can make this stuff up. Mosely takes the News of the World to court, and wins.

His argument was "yes, I was having an orgy with some prostitutes, but there wasn't any nazi stuff going on."

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/f1/news/story?id=3502933

12. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

I think the judgment against the News of the World was the correct one.

There might be possible issues raised with the right to privacy versus freedom of the press. However, I am a fundamental believer in the right to privacy. Max Mosley is a public figure but he, I believe, like anyone else is entitled to a private life.

Max Mosley was partaking in a private activity, on private premises, with consenting adults. He wasn't partaking in the encounter as Max Mosley F-1 president he was doing so as Max Mosley private citizen.

The right to privacy has to of course to be balanced against the public interest. However, I do not automatically believe that I have right to know the sexual activities of the famous. If Max Mosley was a moralizing conservative politician who had run on a family values ticket then I could see how you could justify running the story.

As it is I see it this is a case of the News of the World, a low rent publication that thrives on giving its readers cheap titillation, coming a foul of someone who had enough money to call them on their, to use a colloquialism, usual shit. The publication is nicknamed The Screws of the World for a reason.

Also, most of the people who they run stories, because these kind of intrusive stories are limited to the rich and famous, don't have the resources to sue.

Draft saved Draft deleted