1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mavs' Josh Howard: Allergic to good PR

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Cuban publishes emails he's received about the situation, complete with every racial slur and people's real e-mail addresses.

http://blogmaverick.com/2008/09/18/thanks-for-the-advice-on-josh/

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

What does everyone think about posting the email addresses? Obviously, these people said some pretty hateful shit, but to get called out in public like this, with contact info? Wow.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

When I include epithets in my e-mails, I usually just assume they're going to be published.

4. dargan

dargan Active Member

Of course those people should not have said those things in the e-mails. But does anybody else find it childish for Cuban to post their names and e-mail addresses on his blog?

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Good for Mark Cuban.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Mark Cuban, like Josh Howard, is a world-class idiot. And so is anyone who defends them.

7. dargan

dargan Active Member

That's kinda what I was thinking.

8. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Childish? Not at all. When people send e-mails, you cannot expect privacy. Especially when you send them to a person with a well-know Web log and ostensibly part of the media.

The ones who agree to disagree with Cuban, and merely disagree with Howard and Cubans decision -- maybe they don't deserve their e-mails published.

The others? Maybe having their inbox clogged will make them think again about spewing racial epithets.

9. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

this one is obviously an SportsJournalists.com poster:

>>>You better get that piece of work out of your team for talking and disrespecting the national anthem or you are going to pay the price for it….. What kind of org. allows a looser and an idiot play for them? You are so low you make me vomit!!!! If you allow a hate of America play for your team, you also Hate AMERICA. GET OUT OF HERE!!!!

10. dargan

dargan Active Member

I can understand your point. What other NBA owner would do this, though? I can't see Peter Holt or Paul Allen posting all that.

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Who cares whether other owners would do it? The bottom line is, if those people didn't want to be accountable for their statements, they shouldn't have made them.

12. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Looking at some of those emails sent to Cuban, it only proves Howard's beliefs to be right.

All of this so called flag waving is pure crap when looking back at the reception some black athletes receive by their "own"countrymen.

The cover of the flag or the pledge of allegence is rarely helpful to the Williams sisters when playing a non-American female on their own shores, the Mayweathers of the world facing the Ricky Hattons or the '04 US basketball teams.

Some of those guys see color before seeing their fellow countrymen and they're actually proving Howard and his simpleminded stance right.

Draft saved Draft deleted