1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maurice Clarett Arrested -- Again.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by D.Sanchez, Aug 9, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

And it wasn't two years later, bigpern23, it was one year later.

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Whoever is a Grey Goose fan should add Maurice Clarett's favorite declaration to their sig.

Allright now, I gotta get my strawberry smoothie on....

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

He filed the suit in Sept. 2003, he was drafted in May 2005. He hadn't played since Jan. 2003. NFL rules state that a player must be three years out of high school to enter the draft. In summation, it was two years.

But, yes, it was a silly argument. I was just pointing out that the NFL did not, in fact, let him play for two years. That certainly had an effect on his physical skills, though from everything I've read about the guy, the physical skills would have been the least of his worries even if the NFL had let him play.

4. soccer dad

soccer dad Guest

friends story (today) would be outstanding if he stopped trying to interject himself in it.

1) "On possibly his last night as a free man, Maurice Clarett was calling on the telephone. I hadn't seen him or heard from him in a year, not since the Denver Broncos kicked him to the curb, but I was on his list Tuesday night. Along with Jim Tressel and LeBron James and some arena football coach. His list of thank-yous."

tom friend must tell you that he is in the same list as jim tressel and lebron james, but above an arena football coach. congratulations, tom.

2) "I had written a column in ESPN The Magazine last January, after his initial arrest on burglary charges, outlining his potential drinking problem, steroid problem and self-esteem problem. He said he'd hated that story, that he'd hated me, but he was calling now to thank me, for waking him up to reality."

ah yes, the "reality" of the 16-hour workdays. tom the tough and how he made maurice clarett hate him. give me a break.

that was, however, a great line about the grey goose.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The only person who didn't Maurice Clarett play football for two years was Maurice Clarett. If he had kept his nose clean and stayed at OSU he probably wouldn't be in this situation. He's got nobody to blame but himself.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Clarett would have been in the same amount of trouble whether he was in the NFL or not. The kind of stuff he's doing speaks to lack of character that would transcend what his occupation or level of living. He's capital T trouble all around.

And I'll take him in the death pool. I don't foresee a very long existence for Maurice on this earth.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Don't know if this has been posted or not, but a pic of Clarett's passenger seat has surfaced ...

[​IMG]

You'd figure dude would be rollin' with leather upholstery ...

Draft saved Draft deleted